Notes from Megameeting 2nd August 2010

Attendees

BruceAmbacher UM
MarkConrad NARA
RobertDowns CIESIN, Columbia University
HelenTibbo UNC
TerryLongstreth  
Marie Waltz CRL

Summary

  • ACTION: DG: set up page for test audits

Continuing

  • ACTION: DG/JGG: press for action in ISO
  • ACTION: US folks: Identify possible test audit sites in US
  • ACTION: DG: MC funding issue

No meeting next week (26th July)

Transcript of chat Note that much of the discussion was via audio.

TerryLongstreth >> (All): Hi Marie.  I know your name came up last week.  Are you in Ohio?
TerryLongstreth >> (All): So your on Central time.  Me too this week, while I'm in Alabama.
David Giaretta >> (All): Hi folks
Marie Waltz >> (All): Hi David
TerryLongstreth >> (All): David will return
Marie Waltz >> (All): Yeah, I could hear him
Marie Waltz >> (All): For some reason my mic doesn't work, but my ear phones do
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Hi Marie and Terry
Marie Waltz >> (All): Hi Helen, how are you?
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Good. I have emailed Nancy McGovern (ICPSR) and Jon Crabtree (Odum) but have not heard back yet re doing a MOIMS-RAC test audit at their places.
Marie Waltz >> (All): I too am interested
Helen Tibbo >> (All): No
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Sorry I am late.  Had to deal with contractors.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): My headset is not working but I can hear via the laptop speakers
BruceAmbacher >> (All): I will typr only
Marie Waltz >> (All): Thank you 
BruceAmbacher >> (All): David, will Europe be training RAC auditors or can/will you (also) be using professional auditors?
Marie Waltz >> (All): Yes I saw that question in the minutes we hav audited Portico and are wrapping up hathitrust
Marie Waltz >> (All): We have our reports up on the website
Marie Waltz >> (All): We want to work WITH not compete
Marie Waltz >> (All): Very cool
BruceAmbacher >> (All): David, we will try and visit you on visiting day
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Nancy McGovern just emailed back and said she thought a MOIMS-RAC test audit would be great.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): That's ICPSR at the U. of Michigan
BruceAmbacher >> (All): I do not read German very well.  Surprise
TerryLongstreth >> (All): I didn't say I read it VERY well
Marie Waltz >> (All): Do they do a site visit?
Marie Waltz >> (All): So they don't test?
TerryLongstreth >> (All): @Marie- I can't find the reports on http://www.crl.edu/  Can you lead me to them?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): DSA is the lowest of three levels.
Marie Waltz >> (All): Terry: start here: http://www.crl.edu/archiving-preservation/digital-archives/certification-and-assessment-digital-repositories, though there are other reports here: http://www.crl.edu/archiving-preservation/digital-archives/digital-archive-reports
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Where does RAC self-assessment fall within the three levels you are discussing?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): What does the  self-assessment do that DSA does not do?
TerryLongstreth >> (All): So one goal is to ensure consistency across audit teams/auditors
BruceAmbacher >> (All): So the self assessment is closer to the European mid-level?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Sorry I am late. My boss called me just as I was signing on.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Did RLG or OCLC ever register TDR?
Marie Waltz >> (All): Sorruy?
Marie Waltz >> (All): I have it
Marie Waltz >> (All): Is there a particular number of test audits that need to be done?
David Giaretta >> (All): ACTION: DG: Set up page for test audits
Mark Conrad >> (All): Did you send the DIN to everyone?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Thank you.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): All, Are the test sites willing to be publically identified or will they be seeking confidentiality?  Does that affect the test audit page David is setting up?
Marie Waltz >> (All): It is pretty common that repositories don't want all their information published, I think maybe a draft of a non-disclosure agreement needs to be created so you can present it to the repository as part of the intial offer to audit.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): You're thinking of the test audits in Jan/Feb?
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I'll tell Nancy
Marie Waltz >> (All): That's fine, I have a lot to figure out. We need money and repositories.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Helen and I will not be available next week
Mark Conrad >> (All): I will not be here next week.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): SAA next week
Mark Conrad >> (All): SAA is next week.
David Giaretta >> (All): OK 
David Giaretta >> (All): Bye
Marie Waltz >> (All): Bye
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Bye!
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bye
Topic revision: r1 - 2010-08-09 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback