Notes from Megameeting 3rd March 2008

Attendees:

BruceAmbacher UM
CandidaFenton HATII, Univ Glasgow
HelenTibbo UNC
KatiaThomaz INPE, Brazil
MarieWaltz Center for Research Libraries
MarkConrad NARA
RobertDowns Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), U Columbia

All the discussion at this meeting was conducted by chat, so the following transcript of the meeting (with a few typos corrected) is complete.

ACTIONS : Use template: specific assignments:

Use initials at the end of each section to indicate who worked on it.

Mark Conrad >> (All): I just registered for the MOMS-RAC DAI WG Meeting next week in Washington. Are any of you planning to be there?
Marie Waltz >> (All): I registered too
BruceAmbacher >> (All): I have registered and plan to go.
candida fenton >> (All): I won't be in Washington I'm afraid, and haven't heard from Simon
Mark Conrad >> (All): Great. I am trying to make hotel arrangements now. I plan to stay Tuesday and Wednesday nights and leave Thursday evening for home.
KatiaThomaz >> (All): I won´t be too
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I'm still on the fence but I think I'll be doing interviews with Ph.D. applicants much of that day...
Marie Waltz >> (All): I'll be there Wednesday night, maybe Thursday, it depends on other appointments in DC
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Would we be meeting just in the afternoon?
Mark Conrad >> (All): I don't know. It's too bad John or David is not here.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): As I recall the schedule, Thursday morning is the review/response on OAIS comments for 5 year review
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bruce, That is correct.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): In any case some down time for informal discussion will be good.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Helen, you can't "steal" any good archives candidates from us.
Mark Conrad >> (All): I was out sick last week. I read the transcript of the chat. I do not recall seeing any action items for today. Are we supposed to be discussing anything in particular?
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Ah, why not?
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Everyone there?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Are we going to do anything today?
KatiaThomaz >> (All): i am reading section B
Mark Conrad >> (All): Is there anything that we should be doing in preparation for next Thursday's meeting?
KatiaThomaz >> (All): is it finished now?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Katia, I don't recall anything being done formally on section C, Right?
Marie Waltz >> (All): Is anyone working on it?
KatiaThomaz >> (All): right
Mark Conrad >> (All): There appear to be two versions of the document using the new template - one under working documents and one off the main page. Are these two documents the same?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): For next Thursday I suggest we all come with comments on what has been done.  Usually a CCSDS meeting has good connectivity so we have access to the wiki during the meeting.
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bruce, Are you suggesting that those of us who cannot attend the meeting in person attend via the wiki?
candida fenton >> (All): If there are two versions of the document using hte template that is going to make things very difficult.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): I was not but that might be good if enough can do so..  The timing might be unsuitable.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): David or Simon can clarify that 
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I could meet via megameeting next Thursday. I am working on getting away but that may be harder and fairly costly.
KatiaThomaz >> (All): we can write our comments in the document (like Mark did)
Mark Conrad >> (All): I may be wrong about two versions of the document. It looks like both links take you to the same URL.
RobertDowns >> (All): Is there anything in particular that we need to complete in preparation for the meeting?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): A quick look of the document shows no editing of either A or C
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bruce, Section A has edits.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Mark, What I am looking at shows the reformatting but I did not see any strikethroughs or other colors, etc. that would indicate editing.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I started A but didn't get too far. Interviews with faculty and Ph.D. candidates have just sucked up all my time.
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bruce, A 1.1 through A2.2 have been edited.
BruceAmbacher >> (All): And you can tell how? 
Mark Conrad >> (All): By reading the text.
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I did edit them and cut and pasted the next text. What did I need to do to make the red lining appear?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Look at A.2.2 and A2.3. See the difference?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Helen,
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Yes but there is no indication of who made edits or when - no "audit trail"
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Actually, when I look at it i was just filling in the blanks. How do we want this done? Doesn't the history page include the audit trail? 
Helen Tibbo >> (All): As I continue with this I will put my name for the entries I do. That's a good idea. I was thinking the wiki does all of that for you.
Mark Conrad >> (All): Section B. doesn't show the audit trail either!
Mark Conrad >> (All): So what, if anything, are we going to do today?
Mark Conrad >> (All): What are our action items for next Thursday? next Monday?
RobertDowns >> (All): Have people volunteered to do parts of Section C, yet?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bob, I don't think so. in reading the chat from last week there seemed to be some debate about whether or not to proceed with Section C. Maybe someone who was at last week's meeting can say more about that.
Mark Conrad >> (All): There are still a number of sections in A that need to be done. Should we divide those up?
KatiaThomaz >> (All): look at meeting notes 4 Feb 2008. you can see specific assignments for A and B
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Looks like Helen was the only person working on A.  Should others help on that section?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Yes.
RobertDowns >> (All): I can work on A5 if nobody has volunteered
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Helen, Can you finish A2?  I volunteer to work on A3.  Anyone for A4.
Mark Conrad >> (All): I'll take A4
Helen Tibbo >> (All): I'll finish A2
Marie Waltz >> (All): I can do A3.5-A3.9
BruceAmbacher >> (All): OK I have A3.1 through A3.4
RobertDowns >> (All): Are we supposed to put our name in as we complete them or facilitate tracking in any particular way?
candida fenton >> (All): Is that all sections covered?
Helen Tibbo >> (All): We talked last week about bringing more of a DRAMBORA perspective into this. How is this going to happen? Should we go through all the sections in the current fashion and then see how that might apply?
KatiaThomaz >> (All): simon can answer this ...
BruceAmbacher >> (All): How about initials at the end of each section as it is completed?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Helen, I would suggest completing what we are doing before adding the DRAMBORA perspective.
RobertDowns >> (All): Adding initials sounds good
Mark Conrad >> (All): Adding initials it is!
Mark Conrad >> (All): See some of you next Thursday in person. See the rest of you on the web next Monday!
KatiaThomaz >> (All): ok. can we go now?
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Should we just bring in an edited text or show edits through strikethroughs and red color to added text?  
Mark Conrad >> (All): Bruce, Just bring in the edited text. It would be very visually confusing to show all the edits.
KatiaThomaz >> (All): Bye everyone. Have a nice week.
candida fenton >> (All): Bye
Helen Tibbo >> (All): Bye!
Marie Waltz >> (All): Bye
BruceAmbacher >> (All): Will we be able to do much next Monday if Don, John, David are all at CCSDS?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Good question! Should we schedule the next meeting for two weeks?
Mark Conrad >> (All): Guess we should let Simon, David, and John weigh in on that question.
Mark Conrad >> (All): I will copy the chat and e-mail it to them.
RobertDowns >> (All): Thanks, Mark!

-- SimonLambert - 03 Mar 2008

Topic revision: r1 - 2008-03-03 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback