Face to face meeting in NARA Archives 2, Greenbelt 11-12 Feb 2009

Face to Face Meeting in Washington

The dates for the face to face meeting have been agreed as the 11, 12 and 13 Feb in Archives II. Some people cannot attend the 11th but we can use that day to get through the preliminaries.

We intend (from 10th Nov) to try to complete our run through the main document by switching to mainly audio rather than chat, and will attempt to record the audio and make it available on the Wiki. This should allow us to finish our review of the two docuemnts before the face to face meeting.

In order to collect requirements please fill in the table here.

For the draft agenda see here


ACTIONS at the start of the meeting:

  • Review all section A
  • Section B1 – take Simon’s draft hierarchy and insert into main doc
  • B2 is complete
  • B3, B4, B6 still comments to resolve
    • Action ALL to mark their comments as deleted if appropriate
  • B6 - need to incorporate hierarchy

DG Accepted all changes and saved doc as RAC20090210-rev.doc then made new edits with TRACK CHANGE turned on.

Agree on Heirarchy : Mission statement--> Strategic Plan--> Preservation Policy --> Pres Impl Plan

(may need to change Glossary to add Mission Statement)

Add "Collections Policy" to the Glossary

In Requirements for Audit and also Intro for the Metrics need to explain that metrics are independent but sub-metrics provide extra things to look at – more explicit than just the “Evidence”.

ACTION: Complete actions on Metrics supporting text by end of March - see MetricsWorkingDocumentFollowingFaceToFace

Test Audits (end March to end April) to deliver:

BR: supply non-disclosure agreement

Suggestions for Glossary definitions

Spreadsheet report?

  • DG may make Web forms available on line

Test Audit using 1 inside person plus 1 outside - to compare interpretations etc

  • RD + RF
  • RM/HT MC
  • JGG + BA
  • (BADC) + DG
  • DB + CHuc? or DG

Deliverables:

  • points of confusion/difficulty in the text
  • proposed clarifications
  • what is missing and what may be eliminated.
  • any additional notes to Auditors,
  • estimates of time (and cost?).
  • proposed phased impl plan for improvements. of the archives i.e what does the audit suggest could be improved
  • names people use for the evidence - i.e. a consistent set of terms so that in all the Evidence sections we use the same words when we mean essentially the same document (see BS's evidence doc)
  • suggestions for Glossary definitions

ACTION: change name of documents to include "Trusted Digital Repositories" of something similar.

-- DavidGiaretta - 13 Feb 2009

  • Group picture 1:
    DSC00635.JPG

  • Group picture 2:
    DSC00638.JPG
Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
JPEGJPG DSC00635.JPG r1 manage 2656.7 K 2009-02-23 - 14:54 DavidGiaretta Group picture 1
JPEGJPG DSC00638.JPG r1 manage 2739.2 K 2009-02-24 - 19:54 DavidGiaretta Group picture 2
PowerPointppt RAC_Face_to_Face_meetng.ppt r1 manage 141.5 K 2009-02-19 - 16:07 DavidGiaretta Iniial presentation with agenda and aims
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2009-02-26 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback