Face to face meeting in Berlin, CCSDS 14 October 2008

Present:

  • David Giaretta STFC/BNSC
  • SImon Lambert STFC/BNSC
  • John Garrett NASA
  • Don Sawyer NASA
  • Patrick Mazal CNES
  • Suzanne Dobratz DIN
  • GianMaria Pinna ESA
  • Lou Reich NASA

Notes of the meeting

It was agreed that we use the term "Criteria" rather than "Metrics".

Face to face meeting

ACTION: David Giaretta to send out Meet-o-matic meeting arranger in order to choose the date in Jan/Feb next 2009 for the face to face meeting.

A pre-requisite for the face to face meeting is the completion of our review of the document on the Wiki AND a draft of the Requirements for Auditors book.

Requirements for Auditors

The document's title is "Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Digital Repositories" - "Requirements for AUditors" for short

We looked at a number of ISO documents again, especially under the CASCO heading. ISO 17011, 17007, 17040, 17000 and 17006 seemed relevant as well as ISO/IEC Guide 7.

It was decided to take ISO 17006 as a guide for the docuemnt and prepare a draft along similar lines. John Garrett started this and Simon Lambert will continue. We should refer to "Digital Preservation Management Systems".

ACTION : SImon Lambert for complete the draft of the Requirements for Auditors as a Word docuemnt and put it on the wiki.

There seem to be a few tables which encapsulate the activities and knowledge/competencies of the auditors - equivalent to Annexex B, C and D from 17006.

ACTION: David Giaretta to put these tables on the Wiki as WIki documents so that people can proposed entries

Trial Audits

After some discussion it was agreed that we should aim for trial audits in the period Feb/March/April 2009 i.e. after the face to face meeting and before submission for review. It was noted that we should follow our draft "Requirements for Auditors" document, including the competencies. It was recognised that
  • other test audits had been regarded as somewhat superficial and our test audits needed to be appropriately rigorous
  • some or all of the test audits would be private in order to assure the archives co-operation
  • we could consider starting by identifying "nearby" repositories with whom we can work to help "self-audit"

ACTION: ALL - form Audit Team

ACTION: ALL - identify target archives including scientific (STFC, ESA), library, commercial (architects?)

Review of the Wiki document

Although it was deemed inappropriate to make significant changes to the WIki document, the group did go through the remaining sections in B and added comments to be discussed during the MegaMeetings. There was agreement about the need to focus on what was needed for preservation - even in the Access parts.

-- DavidGiaretta - 17 Oct 2008

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-10-17 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback